Наши Cookies

Мы используем cookies, чтобы обеспечить вам лучший опыт работы с сайтом за счет персонализированного контента, релевантной рекламы и расширенных функций. Нажав «разрешить все», вы соглашаетесь на использование cookies в соответствии с политикой использования cookies. Вы сможете изменить свое решение в любой момент.

Soil Mechanics and Engineering Seismology MSc

Великобритания

1

Что я буду изучать?

The Soil Mechanics courses explore the properties of soils and soft rocks in relation to civil engineering, the theory of geomechanics and practical geotechnical engineering. They provide students with a solid technical basis in the key areas of geotechnics through a coherent, coordinated and balanced degree programme, integrating core engineering science and recent research with practical applications. These courses feature strong links with industry, with an emphasis on fieldwork, laboratory testing using state-of-the-art facilities and numerical analysis using bespoke and commercial software. They are taught by leading experts in the field of geotechnics. Graduates from these courses gain employment in a wide range of organisations, including international consultancies, contractors, governmental bodies and academic institutions. Our MSc graduates have an excellent employment record due to our strong engagement with industry.

The course is supported by an Industrial Bursary scheme, currently supported by 13 international companies, which provides scholarship awards to the best applicants to our MSc course every year. The four course streams share approximately 80% of the curriculum, while the remaining 20% allows specialisation in the areas of advanced Soil Mechanics, Engineering Seismology, Environmental Geotechnics and Engineering Geology.

This degree is professionally accredited by the following organisations on behalf of the Engineering Council:

  • Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
  • Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
  • Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE)
  • The Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation (CIHT)

Holding an accredited degree allows you to meet the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng). Registering as a Chartered Engineer will help provide improved career prospects, status, higher earning potential. It helps demonstrate your commitment to professional standards, the engineering profession and sustainable development.

На каком факультете я буду учиться?

Department of Engineering

Варианты обучения

Очная (1 год)

Цена
£35,700.00 (2,603,939 руб) за 1 год
Это фиксированная стоимость
Начало обучения

Предполагаемое начало: Октябрь 2023

Где

South Kensington Campus

Exhibition Road,

Kensington and Chelsea,

London,

SW7 2AZ, England

Вступительные требования

Для студентов, проживающих в Соединенных Штатах

Applicants should hold a Bachelor's degree. The minimum requirement is based on the university's selectivity ranking; from the most competitive we look for a minimum cumulative GPA of 3/4 to 3.25/4 or better. From other mainstream universities we look for a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5/4 or better. Departments may require a higher grade from particular institutions.

Для иностранных студентов

Students need to have a minimum requirement of 2.1 degree in civil engineering, natural sciences, earth sciences or a numerate discipline. A suitable grounding in mathematics is required, for example: A-level Mathematics grade A or B. Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements listed but who have substantial relevant industry experience may exceptionally be admitted following completion of a ‘Special Qualifying Exam’ (SQE). All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College. Standard IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in all elements) and Students should have TOEFL scores 92 overall (minimum 20 in all elements).

Требования к IELTS могут отличаться в зависимости от выбранного курса

ДОБАВИТЬ В ШОРТ-ЛИСТ

Оставайтесь на связи